Friday, July 31, 2009

Can I use shoe stretchers on shoes with rubber soles?

I know shoe stretchers are effective when used with leather soled shoes and boots, but I have a pair of casual shoes that I would like to lengthen a bit. If I used a shoe stretcher, would it leave the rubber soles at the same length and only stretch out the leather upper, leaving me with a pair of deformed and ruined shoes, or would I get the desired effect in both rubber and leather?

Can I use shoe stretchers on shoes with rubber soles?
Once molten rubber is poured into the molds, there's no way you can stretch it without ruining it. However, some rubber in shoe soles is very elastic-y so on a rare occasion, you won't ruin your shoe. If you want to take the chance of ruining your shoes or not, I say go ahead, but its a risk....



computer

No comments:

Post a Comment